Monday 30 May 2011

I've had it with the chubby corner

Yes i know i look hot in this size- but wait till you see a healthy me.
Now that is the greatest debate in our house - but the weight issue is my battle .


For as long as i can remember- Chubby has been part of my name, my middle name if you must ...after high school- where i was 55kgs and with chubby arms , on to campus- got some chubby hips- 60Kgs..now am a whooping 92kgs and still being called chubby .

Wait- those damn folks who called me chubby are phys-cos- now i would give anything to be 65Kgs.
Problem is as time went by , i kept thing " jeez this is the biggest ive ever been ...75..OMG this is the biggest ive ever been ...and on and on - and i never really did draw a line.

Right before i got my first born - nine months pregnant i was 85kgs- that was more than four years ago-
Got a lovely job- and a car- and i think that was the last nail on my weighty coffin( pun intended)

Fast forward - one more baby and your guess is as good as mine- am as big as i have ever been.
But really where do i stop ...

I wont lie and say i have done all there is to do - yes i did put some effort , but always gave up soon after .Heck soon after my first baby - i went back to 75- which was good.


It just hit me a few days ago that am going to turn 30 pretty soon and am going to do something about it- bottom line am tired of this chubbycorner and i want to try - no i want to do something different.

Insanity is said to be doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
That is why i decided to do document it - and who knows i may help a poor soul out there transform as i transform myself.


I dint use alot of time trying to make this decision - all i know is am really determined- i have already registered in a nice gym in my neighbourhood and i can already feel the changes..


Today in my office a colleague of mine ( who knows am gyming ) said i look good already - offcourse i brushed her off coz i thought how now- its only been four days.
But i did take a glance on my dressing mirror and i could swear my tummy looks flatter :-)!

Havent gone to the weighing scale as yet - my trainer advised not to- so the journey has began !
He advised not to get overly obsessed about going to the scale after every workout- which am dying to do because i sweat tonnes and am very sure i loose a pound after every work out but i will refrain myself.



oh i measured my body mass index =92.5/(1.5) - am seriously OBESE.

And all this time i have gone around feeling like the true african woman....well in my defense i have a figure 8-lol!

 But the scale is not lying !
Will post current photos later - as i look forward to my before and after moment -
Gotta run to the gym now !

No comments:

Post a Comment